Tuesday, July 22, 2008

ccPT (part 1a- Kelantan)

article by Izzy Jr #1... a summer holiday writing project

my brother posing after arrival at Kota Bahru

It is cuti-cuti Pantai Timur (ccPT) time!. We spent our vacation in Kelantan, Trengganu & Pahang. The trip started on July 4th (Singapore to Shah Alam) before we drove all the way to Kota Bahru on July 5th. Umi (my grandmother) and my family went to Kota Bahru in our MPV. My father drove for 8 hours from Kuala Lumpur. We stopped at Gua Musang to have our lunch and arrived Kota Bahru at about 6pm. When we reached Kota Bharu, we slept in Umi sister's house for 1 night. We had nasi kerabu & nasi berlauk for dinner... yummy!
Photo with our host of day 1... her husband already left for work


The next morning, we had nasi dagang for breakfast. We then went to visit Umi's father (my great grandfather). That night we had ayam colek... it is roasted chicken with rojak dipped in thai-chilli sauce..we never had it before & it was delicious. The whole family liked it... .
makan ayam colek


The next day, we went to another of Umi's sister's house. My little brother & I watched TV and played Play Station with our uncles. 2 of my uncles are younger than me! My mother and father then went to market (Pasar Siti Khadijah) to do some shopping.

The next day we had dinner with my mom's aunty... we even had roti bakar for supper... the roti bakar was delicious. My mom said that the roti bakar place is very popular here... it is called Whitehouse Coffee Shop. Before leaving Kota Bahru we also visited my Atuk's mom. We spent 4 days and 3 nights in Kelantan.
my parents and aunty having roti bakar at Whitehouse Coffee Shop

2 comments:

Nur Marsya Zuhairi said...

We're glad you like the roti at white house. Next time you're back in KB we can go there again.

Izzy said...

Yes definitely!!!!!! The kaya is so yummy.